Aug 11, 2008

sleeping

I know this is kind of unusual for new parents, so I figure it's worth a post: we're getting more sleep now than we did during and before I was pregnant. Since Lilly doesn't want to sleep without having us with her in bed, typically snuggled close up to my body, we go to bed between nine and ten, and then we sleep, soundly. The other night, Lilly slept for nine hours without waking. Most nights I feed Lilly after anywhere between 4 - 7 hours, but she doesn't quite wake up for those feedings, she just grunts a little and searches for the nipple, and then settles down again after a few sips. Yesterday I fed her a little around 4 a.m. and then again around 7:30 a.m. and then she kept on sleeping till around 11 a.m. Leighton and I got up at 10 a.m. -- 12 hours of sleep was a little too much of a good thing for me though, I felt groggy the rest of the day. But at least we're not sleep deprived! And I do cherish our nights together, Lilly's warm body close to mine, and she truly does look like an angel at night.

No comments: